Saturday, February 19, 2011

Welcome Back....

Now that my little Rave nugget project is finished and she is back home in Oregon, it's time to start a new blog... about what else... FLYBALL! I would try to talk about something different but this kind of consumes my life.... If you play flyball.... You probably know what I'm talking about... If you don't you will be bored with this blog.

I figured I would use this blog to tell stories of my flyball travels and work through training issues and successes!

Flyball story of the day....

Flyball Addiction or obsession?

So when does it get to the side of obsession? Here is how my weekend has gone so far..... Woke up Friday morning, sicker than I've been in while.... The only thing that went through my head was.... "oh i need to feel better, we are practicing tomorrow!" ..... Friday afternoon... I leave work early so i can go take a nap to try and feel better before i drive an hour and a half to a team mates house..... Wake up after my nap feeling refreshed and ready to go.... Well, that's what i told myself anyway.... Couldn't get to sleep last night because I was too excited to sleep... Really?! I've been playing flyball for the majority of my life... I still get excited to play flyball... every time! Got up this morning to drive 3.5 hours to have a 4 state practice with friends from the flyball community! So the entire day i felt fine... Drove 4 hours home after a long day of practice and now instead of going out on a Saturday night like a normal 23 year old person I'm blogging because I'm SICK!

The thing I love most about flyball besides having fun with my dogs is the awesome memories I make with my teammates who are more than teammates... more like family! The best part of flyball is laughing.... If your not laughing with your team your not doing it right... This is a new concept for me because I'm a bit on the competitive side.... but after all this about having fun with your dogs! So on the floor if someone gets mad.... the ball shagger says... positive... positive.. positive... Whatever works for you right! We all make our mistakes and the dogs aren't machines after all.... have a shot for an early pass and laugh it off! try it!

So for some reason every tournament we have a new "poop" story... It really never gets old and if you can't laugh about shit what can you laugh at?! I'm not sure about you but besides packing the car the worst part is the first time you get out of the car after a weekend of flyball... The first step that makes you look like you've been on the back of a horse for 3 days straight... the hunched over, bull legged, owie owie owie walk you have... Everyone knows this part.... Anyway usually as a team we pull over for a team dinner on the way home from tournaments... We use these dinners to bring up all the funniest times we shared the past weekend.... by the time we get done we are all laughing so hard we are crying and we've cleared out the restaurant... Well we go to get back in the car and it turns out one of the poor puppies got sick in the kennel....
I will tell you right now.... The thought of poo on my hand makes me dry heave.... It's not for me... So poor MAMA dog owner has to haul herself in the car engulfed in that smell... I am standing outside the car dry heaving and crying from laughing... We pull the dogs out of the car and i look down and there is poo in my finger.... Well you can imagine how the rest of that goes... 3 of us holding dogs in the Arby's parking lot with napkins that may or may not have poo flying around the parking lot... Running with poo covered dogs with no leashes, dry heaving.... isn't as easy as it sounds! So we get done cleaning up the poo and the discussion turns into... Would you catch poo in your hands if you were about to win the championships?!

Hope you enjoy your team to the fullest!
Lyndsy

2 comments:

  1. You didn't answer the question! Would you catch it? Would your heaving give it away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... here is my teams conclusion.... I would do it to win the championships but then someone would have to catch my vomit.... which we looked up in the rule book... not considered a faul in the ring....

    ReplyDelete