Sunday, February 20, 2011

Rituals.... Superstitions.....

Growing up I was always an "athlete". While I knew people that were very superstitious I never considered myself a neurotic person.... times have changed! Girls I played volleyball with all through high school had certain things they would do on game days... left sock before right sock.... pb&j 33 minutes before the game.... left shoe but not tied, then right shoe and so on... I felt as though i was kinda normal, which ever shoe i grabbed first is what went on no routine, no superstition. But because my dogs can't decide things like which foot gets wrapped first and what colors they are for the weekend i can get a tad superstitious...
I always tell myself a week before a flyball weekend I'm going to have all my stuff packed and ready to go by Wednesday.... right..... I've been playing flyball for about 15 years, I can't think of a single tournament that I actually had my stuff ready to go by Wednesday night, unless we are leaving Thursday for the tournament.
Packing my dog bag has become an art. How many useless things can i fit in there, maybe i will need them but because i packed them i won't. The contents never really varies tugs, vet wrap, gloves, tape, first aid kit, crate cover, extension cords, buckets and zip ties. Here is how packing goes.... Which collar is Ninja going to wear this weekend? Well, he ran several 3.8s in the magic turtle collar his auntie Crystal made him and that's blue so we can do a light and dark blue tug that will then match the 2 colors of blue vet wrap I have... Seems easy enough.... Skye looks best in dark colors but purple and teal are her lucky colors because 2 years ago at the tournament in Kansas City she ran awesome... So maybe she should just stick with those... Easy... I need 2 rolls of vet wrap per dog per day if i cut off there wraps every race... packed! This is a little crazy right?! Ninja never wears yellow at a tournament because he doesn't look as good in yellow and out of the 93 collars i own not a single yellow one... can you believe that?! and not even that but no yellow tugs either! God forbid the tugs and the vet wrap not match.... Do you think they care? I'm pretty sure its all mental but whatever helps me sleep at night i guess... As far as i know i haven't gone as far as to wrap right foot before left and so on and so forth... but now that i bring it up... maybe they would run fast.... As if i wasn't crazy enough before... Is there a support group for things like this?
I have become a zip tie fool! I zip tie everything! My crates for the weekend don't go in the car until they are tied on both corners so there is no rattling, the cords to the fans are zip tied around the handle, after i roll my extension cords up.... zip tie... I have them in 25 different colors and they are the best! After i buy stock in powerflex vet wrap, next will be zip ties!
Sorry these are a bit random... i will get better!
Next blog will be on travel i think...
Lynds

No comments:

Post a Comment